The Inclusion Group for Equity in Research in STEMM
- We have written to Greg Clark, the new Chair of the Commons Science and Technology committee, urging him to continue the inquiry begun in the last parliament into the impact of science funding policy on equality, diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
- We have published "Barriers LGBTQI+ People Face in the Research Funding Processes" as a preprint on OSF.
- Press release on the UKRI response regarding #MyScienceInquiry
- We have just opened a new blog.
- We have a new governance sub-site.
- Press release on latest development with #MyScienceInquiry
- Letter to the Sunday Times re: Trans rights do not restrict academic freedom
- Letter to the Sunday Times re: Physics
(to see more, please visit our news page)
TIGERS is a group of UK-based STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths and Medicine) professionals & students who are passionate about improving equality, diversity, inclusion & accessibility. We work together on campaigns with broad impact & also support one another in our activism within our own disciplines, demographics or institutions
As a group, we formed early in 2019. This website is still in its infancy, so please bear with us while we find our stripes.
Equality: The quality or condition of being equal.
Diversity: The condition or quality of being diverse, different, or varied; difference, unlikeness.
Inclusion: The action, practice, or policy of including any person in an activity, system, organisation, or process, irrespective of race, gender, religion, age, ability, etc. (Now frequently without complement specifying who is included.)
Accessibility: The quality or condition of being accessible (in various senses).
Equity: The quality of being equal or fair; fairness, impartiality; even-handed dealing.
(These definitions are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary.)